Been procrastinating for a year but have finally accepted the fact that I need a new hip. With a big increase in my vertical leap promised, I will have the surgery next week. Besides I wasn’t getting any sympathy from my wife as I hobbled around the Mall.
In an attempt to keep your interest, here is a list of my favorite posts you may have missed:
- “A Little JoePa In All Of Us” – Nov. 11, 2011
- “Time To Be Thankful” – Nov. 29, 2011
- “No Forecast Allowed” – Nov. 1 ,2011
- “NCAA—It’s All About The Money” – Oct. 11, 2011
- “Why Ron Paul Can’t Win” – Mar 1, 2012
Any feedback would be helpful for the future. My email address is email@example.com.
I will get started again in September and will be writing about:
1. The need to regain our democracy, which sadly has evolved into an oligarchy. (Wouldn’t it be great if every member of Congress was an Independent not beholden to party leaders and contributors?) I am seriously thinking about running for Congress one of these days.
2. The need to bring back the military draft to insure that a civilian perspective is not lost when making decisions regarding the role of our military. The intent in banning the draft was reasonable. Why force anyone to serve, when there are sufficient numbers of volunteers? But “The Law of Unintended Consequences,” is turning our military into largely a force of mercenaries. Military service should be a patriotic calling, not simply the best job available in a recession.
When we all start paying attention to what is happening, things will change for the better. Americans love their freedom.